Thursday, January 10, 2008

Latest and Greatest...

Good Morning!

Our Adoption Agent is moving! We will miss her greatly. I really liked the fact that their was an in-state employee to assist us. But, I want what is best for her and wish her ALL the best!

On the Adoption front. We will be receiving our Home Study today! Finally :) Our social worker is awesome. She is with Options4Adoption and I recommend her to anyone who is in the HomeStudy phase. We love Kelly! Now, we will submit our I-600 to CIS/INS for our fingerprint appt and approval. This usually takes about 3 months to gain approval. So, in 3 months or so, we will be placed on the waiting list! Baby steps...but this is a big one. It actually begins the countdown and gets us closer to finding our child.

There is one concern. That is the MOU (Memo of Understanding) that should be signed the same time we are placed on the waiting list. This is the agreement between Vietnam and International Adoption. If it is not signed, adoptions in Vietnam will cease. This could not be good for us, but we are committed to ride this roller coaster of adoption and can only travel with faith. We are not in control, God is. He has led us through different paths and we trust his guidance.

That's the latest. I will keep you posted.

Oh, and I almost forgot...I have survived 3 complete days of Fitness Boot Camp!!! Whew Hew! Only having difficulty walking, sitting, driving, and can barely make it up or down a flight of stairs. But it is ALL GOOD. Cannot wait til the pain stops and I see my waist again:) I love it and think I have finally found the motivation and strength to get in complete shape. Very fun and great people to network with at 5:15am every morning.

Take Care and Talk Soon!

1 comment:

angie said...

just so you know...our approval came in 2 weeks!! the hard part was the wait for the fingerprint appointment letter...that took 6 weeks (then we had to wait another 2 weeks for the actual appointment). so the approvel took 6 weeks from the time we sent it in!

hope yours goes as quickly!! i have heard of many others in the area that get their approval 2 weeks after fingerprints also!