Monday, May 5, 2008

Adoption

Alot of friends and family read this and I want everyone to understand why our hearts are committed to adoption.

You see...Adoption isn't just what people do when they can't have "their own" children, it isn't plan B. Adoption is a true calling. It's knowing that your child is out there somewhere. It's yearning for him or her to come home where they belong. This is true for John and I. Even if we were to have our own children, I would still plan on adopting a child. My heart is full of ache for this little one. There is something about it as these children are orphans.

We have not found our country yet, but there are many more to choose from! We have learned so much in one year about other cultures through our research. I absolutely love this knowledge. We will find the right spot for us and further investigation is required. So, please know that I am not some crazy woman on a mission to get a child. We are simply following our hearts. If it is meant to be, it will happen, and we will all be together. I don't care how long it takes. We are at peace knowing that when the time is right- we will be able to provide a loving home to someone who desperately needs it. It goes both ways :)
Matthew 18:5
"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me"


Thanks to all of you for your love and support.

No comments: